1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup unsalted butter
3 medium celery ribs, finely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 tsp salt
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
1 small bunch fresh thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 TB tom paste
1 TB Bragg's Amino Acids
dash of liquid smoke
1.5 cups white rice
3 cups veg stock
4 links of To*furky Chorizo Style Meatless Sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat oil an butter over med high heat. Add celery, peppers, onion, salt and 1 tsp of Paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are browned (10 minutes).
- Add eggplant, Thyme, Pepper, cayanne and remaining paprika. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until the eggplant softens (and begins to "melt").
- Stir in garlic and tom paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Soy Sauce, Hoisin and liquid smoke, stir, cook 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir to combine. Add the veg stock and bring to low boil. Remove from heat, cover and place in oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven (DO NOT UNCOVER) and let sit away from heat for 10-15 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- While the Jambalya is sitting, slice To'Furky Sausange into discs and place on cookie sheet. Cook them in the oven (still at 350 degrees) for about 8 minutes. Add them to Jambalya after "fluffing".
Serve with crusty baguette and hot sauce.