Serves 2, Prep time 10 minutes, cook time 8 minutes
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons panko
2 tablespoons mustard (any kind but yellow, I like Sir Kensington)
4 tablespoons honey, used two tablespoons at a time
1 tablespoon hot sauce (vinegar based like Crystal, do not use Sriracha)
2 8oz salmon fillets (skin on or off, but NO bones)
- Preheat broiler and place over rack about 6-8 inches from heat.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the seeds (coriander, cumin, mustard). Add the marjoram, fresh black pepper and panko. Stir to combine
- In a small bowl combine the mustard and 2 tablespoons of the honey. Brush the tops of the fillets with the mixture.
- Coat the where you just brushed with the dry mixture from step 2 and place on broiler safe pan/tray.
- Cook salmon for 6 minutes (cook less time if pieces are thin), turn off broiler and leave in oven for another 2 minutes to fully cook (you want to turn off broiler just before the bread crumbs burn).
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey with the hot sauce. Pour over hot salmon fresh from oven.
Serve over a salad or with your favorite side dish(es). I served mine with collard greens and sauvignon blanc!