For the Pesto:
2.5 cups baby arugula
1 cup cilantro
3 TBSP lime juice
a small chunk of parm (2-3 TBSP worth)
1/2 cup of a nut (i used walnuts)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
- Put all ingredients into a food processor (or device equivalent). Blend. Add more olive oil as needed to reach desired consistency. Salt & Pepper to taste.
You can use salted nuts, if that's all you have, but make sure you adjust the added salt to compensate.
For the Pasta:
- Cook a half pound of orzo as directed. Drain and let cool.
- Add pesto to cover.
- Clean out the fridge/cabinets. This is the fun part; use your imagination! For mine I added: 2 julienne carrots, 1 julienne zucchini, sliced olives, crumbled Gorgonzola, half of an onion (diced), half a red bell pepper (diced), some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, half a jalapeno (diced), chopped marinated artichoke hearts and a little extra Olive Oil and lime juice. Add more pesto as needed.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 3 hours before serving for flavors to blend.
- Top with roasted chick peas before serving.
Roasted chick peas should not be stored in the fridge.